This is the diary & short stories of Shalee Lianne Cerra, in the fictitious universe, New Eden, in the game of Eve Online. Come be a part of her world...

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Entry Eight

This place, this planet of peace and abundance, he made for us. It's ours for the taking.- The Scriptures, Second Letter of St. Junip of Aerui

Activate Log

I think I am in trouble. I just seem to somehow find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Last night after a fleet op I stopped off at Paradise for a drink. Laerise, Zenton, and a few others were there. No sooner than I had sat down, Aldrith came in. From appearances, he was in a horrible mood. I questioned him, and he started talking about what had happened with Lord Maximullis and the vitoc bomb he sat off in the Halls of the Ordo Quaesitoris. The conversation naturally segued into deplorable pilots and of course, of course, Koronkresh would happen to come up.

At the mere mention of Kor, Aldrith started ranting and raving about how Kor had turned his sister into a whore.

That is where I lost it. I know I shouldn't have opened my mouth, especially with Commander Laerise sitting right there, but...well. I just felt like he went too far. Koronkresh may be many things but to put the blame on him for that, well, it just seemed unreasonable. It takes two people to have a relationship, and to blame one person for the actions of another seemed unfair to me.

Laerise jumped my ass telling me I need to rethink things and until then I needed to be quiet.

It took every ounce of self control I had to snap my mouth shut and keep it that way. I understand why Laerise did it, but at the time...not so much. I had to leave before I said something I really regretted. By that point I was more angry with Laerise than Aldrith. I apologized to him on the way out and we made plans to meet later at the Basilica.

I had been to the Basilica earlier during the day, in between fleet ops. I had talked briefly with Dame and some others, one in particular that I would probably be in more trouble had it been known that I sought him out. His name is Vlad, I had first seen him at the Last Gate. I found it suprising that a pirate was at the Basilica in the first place, however, since he was there I took advantage of the situation by asking him about Clubs and Diamonds. Unfortunately he didn't know anything, though if he did I'm sure he wouldn't tell me. Didn't hurt to ask, I thought.

The fleet ops were with the militia, first I flew under Frosteele and then under Invelious. Both seemed capable enough, though I lost a ship with Frost. We were heavily outnumbered and I went down pretty quickly....however, I think it was probably my fault for firing at the wrong target...ahem. My overview was a blur of red, orders were to engage the rifter 30 km off the gate and I did precisely that...however, there were many rifters and one just happened not to be a war target, but was still marked red to me for whatever reason.

The op with Invelious went a bit more smoothly. TES Sunday survived, I consider that a win.

Tonight I think I will avoid the war front. Wars are expensive though I really have no worry for a while about fiances. I've been fortunate enough to receive ships, modules, and ISK from fellow PIE pilots. Two days ago I've received a rather large deposit into my account from a mysterious benefactor. I almost want to think it was a mistake of some sort since I do not recognize the name, however I've heard it is not uncommon for war pilots to receive bonuses from those who wish to support the Amarrian capsuleers anonymously.

Anyhow, tonight I hope to meet up with Zenton at Inis. Somehow the planet has become 'ours' as strange as it sounds. We found it a while ago when we were outrunning some war targets. We ended up staying the night trying to evade them, and ever since we go there whenever I need a break from the war. It is peaceful... serene. There is a lake we sit by and talk, for hours sometimes. The other night I had an impulsive idea of building a house there, out in the middle of no where. At the time it didn't seem all that bizarre but now thinking about it...I don't know. He and I are so new to each other and I'm convinced that somehow once he knows everything he will hate me. He says he wont, but he speaks out of ignorance. It is easy to say such things without knowing everything.

I don't know, I guess time will tell once I quit being such a coward and just tell him...

Terminate Log.

No comments:

Post a Comment