This is the diary & short stories of Shalee Lianne Cerra, in the fictitious universe, New Eden, in the game of Eve Online. Come be a part of her world...

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Entry Two

Activate Log

It was a strange night. I wanted to speak with Kor, to explain that I hadn't set out to betray his confidence, but I had no choice in the matter.

I looked for him at Paradise but he wasn't there, and then I remembered that he had told me of another club that he frequents, one that is a bit...different.

I almost didn't go. It was a bit out of the way, though I suppose for an establishment of it's caliber, that is the point.

Once I got there, I had to go through an extraordinary amount of security checks, a full body scan, weapon check, and an identification process just to get through the door.

Once inside...It took every ounce of courage I possessed to stay. The place was full of outlaws, pirates, and war targets. It was surreal to look some of them in the eye, knowing that I am likely to see them on the warfront. I stood there wondering how many Praetorians have died by their hands, how many innocents had lost their lives.

And then I tried not to think of them at all.

I eventually found Kor. He seemed so in his element, sitting there among such villainy. He told me to sit, and so I did. I told him everything, that Mitara and Laerise know. He didn't seem suprised, in fact he said he knew I would tell.

It was a relief at least.

Then we spoke of other things. He questioned me about Zenton. There was another patron sitting nearby, listening to our conversation. He mentioned that Zenton had lost a lot to Clubs and Diamonds. Obviously that got my attention. He went on to say that he knew their CEO, and that they were quite impressive. I wanted to question the man to see what else he knew, but Kor was ready to leave and told me it would be dangerous to stay alone. I told him to go ahead that I didn't need him to baby me. He left, and I tried to find that man again but apparently he left too.

There was no reason for me to stay any longer so I got out of there.Earlier, before that, I had stopped by the Basilica. Dame was there, and another, I think his name was Caine. He seemed nice enough. I also met a new Praetorian ensign, Hazlit. From what I gather, he is new to PIE but not to combat. Nothing noteworthy happened really, we just chatted. Dame did take offense to something Hazlit said but she got over it quickly enough. I think that proves that she is on the right path. From what I gather she was the shoot first ask questions later kind of girl. So here is to hoping that her reform is sincere.

Terminate Log.

No comments:

Post a Comment